Training in narrative therapy and community work
For the last 30 years, Dulwich Centre has offered and co-ordinated a wide range of training options for practitioners who are wishing to develop their own skills in narrative practice. This narrative therapy training is skills-based and seeks to be accessible to practitioners from a range of disciplines, including social work, counselling, therapy, teaching, community work, nursing, medicine, psychology, psychiatry, psycho-social work, child-care, and so on.The training we offer includes one-day to week-long intensive workshops, online courses, International Summer Schools, and Spring Festivals, year-long and Graduate Certificate programs, and a Master's in Narrative Therapy and Community Work in collaboration with the University of Melbourne. For people wanting an introduction to narrative therapy and community work, through to experienced people regularly using narrative ideas in practice, we have something to offer.
LONGER TRAINING PROGRAMS
Master in Narrative Therapy and Community Work in collaboration with University of Melbourne
(Registrations for 2015 are now open)
ON-LINE NARRATIVE THERAPY COURSES
ONE WEEK INTENSIVES (ADELAIDE)
- November 17-21 2014 with Mark Hayward (bookings to open soon)
- Dates for this workshop, presented by Cheryl White, Barbara Wingard,
and David Denborough, will be announced soon.
- The final day of this 5 day workshop will be dedicated to 'The Tree of Life Narrative Approach: latest developments'. It is possible to register for this one day workshop separately
SPECIAL EVENTS IN AUSTRALIA
We are soon to announce a short workshop by John McLeod (UK). Stay tuned for more information!
31 July: Narrative Therapy With Depression: Moving Toward Preferred Identities by Angel Yuen (Canada)
28 August: Reclaiming lives from the effects of trauma by David Denborough
12 INTERNATIONAL NARRATIVE THERAPY AND COMMUNITY WORK CONFERENCE
Adelaide, November 10-12th 2014, Click here for more information
- May 16 – 18 2014: Cheryl White is offering a keynote address at the 7th International ÖAS Congress in Vienna, Austria
- May 22-24 2014: Three days of workshops on the narrative approach in working with individuals, groups, and communities – Vienna. For more information contact the European Systemic Business Academy
- A program of narrative therapy courses are taking place in Salvador, Brazil during 2013. This is a collaboration between Nucleo de Estudos das Terapias (Salvador, Brasil) and Dulwich Centre (Australia). Click here for more information
- Graduate Certificate in Narrative Therapy in Greece 2014: A whole series of training workshops and certification module. See: www.narrativetherapy.gr Contact:
- 2014: a One Year Post Graduate Certificate in Narrative Practice is to being held in conjunction between The Centre for Youth Research and Practice at Hong Kong Baptist University & Dulwich Centre. This program receives recognition of prior learning towards the Master of Narrative therapy and Community Work. To be taught in Cantonese and English by local experienced narrative practitioners and Dulwich Centre International Faculty. For more information click here
- May 25-26 2014: David Denborough will offer a two-day workshop in Milan. For more information contact:
July 2-4 2014: Dulwich Centre will be represented at the 3rd European Narrative Therapy and Community Work Conference.
In Feb 2014, Dulwich Centre Foundation International, in collaboration with International Women's Development Agency, is offering a series of workshops in Thailand for Burmese women's organisations.
- July 7 - 8 Aunty Barbara Wingard and David Denborough will be offering keynote addresses at the inaugural conference: Healing Power of Narrative Untangling Psychosis
Training workshops delivered in your organisation, town, or country!
If you and others in your workplace or local community are interested in learning more about narrative approaches, then it may be possible for us to arrange a training event in your location. This often saves considerable expense in relation to airfares and accommodation. Topics for these workshops include:
- Introduction to narrative therapy (one day, two day, or five day events)
- Introduction to narrative approaches to working with individuals, groups, and wider communities (two day, three day, or five day events)
- Tree of Life: A narrative approach to working with vulnerable children
- Responding to trauma: narrative approaches to working with individuals, groups, and communities
Or a custom-made topic depending on your area of interest and the availability of skilled trainers on that particular topic!
Over the last ten years, Dulwich Centre has co-ordinated training workshops that have taken place in a wide range of countries. We have a network of experienced and highly-regarded practitioners/trainers who are available for teaching assignments across the globe. Sometimes it is possible for these trainers to visit a country on their way to another destination - this saving considerable expense. We are used to arranging low-cost but highly-professional training events in places from Mongolia, India, East Timor, South Korea, Hong Kong, Bangladesh, USA, Canada and many others ...
Further information related to training
To learn more about Dulwich Centre's philosophy to training, read the article 'Developing training programs congruent with narrative ideas' (an extract from the book A community of ideas by Cheryl White and David Denborough).
For information relating to accommodation while in Adelaide for training, please click here.
Cancellation policy for all training events organised by Dulwich Centre
Please note, in the event of a participant needing to cancel their registration, it is possible to exchange your place with another person, or to transfer your place to a future training event at no cost. If you need to cancel your place (and cannot exchange or transfer it) then up to one month prior to the course there will be an administrative fee of $55. If you cancel your place less than one month prior to the training you will receive a 50% refund. If you cancel with less than two week’s notice we will not be able to offer any refund.