12th International Narrative Therapy and Community Work Conference
Adelaide, Australia 10-12 November 2014
We hope to see you at our next conference to be held in Adelaide from 10-12 November 2014!
The 11th International Narrative Therapy and Community Work Conference held in March 2013, featured the latest developments in narrative practice from Finnmark (near the arctic circle!) to Hong Kong, from Iran to New Zealand, from Uganda to South Africa, from Israel to Italy, from Palestine to Singapore, from Brazil to USA, from Mexico to Australia, from Russia to South Korea, from UK to Samoa ... never before had we put together a program which quite such diverse presentations! What's more, the program provided new ideas in the fields of:
* Mental health (featuring presentations from Ron Coleman one of the champions of the Hearing Voices Movement)
* Responding to survivors of sexual and physical violence (including a groundbreaking presentation from Shirley Hung Suet Lin in relation to healing and justice)
* Sexual and gender diversity (from highly acclaimed Norwegians Dr Esben Esther Pirelli Benestad and Elsa Almas)
* Cross cultural explorations (including presentations from Maori, Samoan, African American perspectives)
* Work with asylum seekers and refugees
* Couple therapy
* Narrative family therapy
* Latest developments in relation to the Tree of Life, Team of Life
* Musical narrative practices - including the use of hip hop and narrative practice with young people
* Therapy with children and their families
This was a practice-based conference, designed for counsellors, social workers, psychologists, community workers, doctors, teachers, therapists, indeed anyone who is responding to those who are experiencing suffering and/or hardship.
We hope you will join us for the 12th International Narrative Therapy and Community Work Conference!
If you have any questions about the conference please write to us c/o
• Narrative responses to bedwetting when children are living in contexts of fear – a Free workshop with Dulwich Centre Foundation
Previous conferences have been held in Australia, Hong Kong (China), Kristiansand (Norway), Atlanta (USA), Liverpool (UK), Oaxaca (Mexico).
Until January 11th it is possible to cancel your booking and receive a refund minus $55. Between January 11th and January 31st it is possible to cancel and receive a refund minus $110. From 1st February any cancellation will incur a $250 cancellation fee. After Friday March 1st there will be no refund, but your place can be exchanged with another person.
ABOUT OUR CONFERENCES